UPDATE- REGARDING COVID-19 FOR QLD GOLF CLUBS AND FACILITIES
Dear Queensland Golf Clubs and Facilities,
Golf Australia is writing to provide further assistance and guidance to Queensland Golf Clubs and facilities in response to the current COVID situation in South East Queensland.
To date Queensland Golf Clubs have done a fantastic job in providing a safe environment for our sport to be played, whilst recently there has been a number of new restrictions on gatherings in South East Queensland, the Chief Health Officer advises that at this stage, community sport can continue provided Industry Covid Safe Plans are adhered to.
We remind all Queensland Golf Clubs and facilities to please continue to adhere to the following:
- Ensure you are operating and adhering to the Outdoor Sports COVID Safe Plan and that hygiene and sanitisation practices are implemented. Please Click Here to view Industry Covid-safe plan – Outdoor Sports
- For further guidance on adherence to the Covid-Safe Plan Please Click Here to view Golf Australia Covid-19 Safe Plan Guidance- QLD
- Continue promoting to your members and customers that if they are unwell, they should not participate or attend your Golf Club or facility.
- Ensure the collection of ALL attendees contact details is occurring and can be provided to a public health official within the required 60 minutes of the request. Public Health Units across the State as well as Queensland Police have the ability to check-in and request information surrounding your club or association compliance any time.
Over the last couple of weeks, we have had an increase in enquiries from Golf Clubs and members from across Queensland around the continued use of Covid-19 Local Rules. It is Golf Australia’s recommendation to use these Covid-19 Local Rules as it the most adequate way to meet the Covid Safe Plans practices around hygiene and sanitisation.
Last week Golf Australia conducted the Men’s and Women’s Queensland Strokeplay and Amateur Championships on the Gold Coast, at these events the following local rules were in effect and we recommend Golf Clubs continue to use these local rules for all events:
- A player may prefer their lie up to 1 scorecard length within a bunker. (Bunker rakes were removed from both venues)
- The flagstick is to be left in the hole at all times.
- A player must mark their own scorecard, with the marker to verbally attest their score. The scorecard must be signed by the player only.
Golf Australia contact
If you require additional information or have questions please do not hesitate to contact David Webber, Golf Australia Clubs and Facilities Support Manager- QLD on 0498 498 242 or email@example.com